Auditor-General’s reports tabled in the November 2019 Parliament sitting.November 22, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT OFFICER
- CORPORATE INFORMATION
- Position Level: Information Technology Support Officer (Ongoing, initial 3 year contract)
- Salary Range: FJ$16,061 – $20,313 per annum
- Duty Station: Head Office – Suva
- Reporting Responsibilities:
- Reports To: System Analyst
- Liaises with: System Analyst and all OAG Staff
- Subordinates: None
- POSITION PURPOSE
This position is responsible for providing information technology services to the staff of the OAG to enable them to achieve the office operations in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- KEY DUTIES
This position will achieve its purpose through the following key duties. In support of OAG staff to enable them to meet the operational needs:
- Provide timely and expert support on all information technology matters to the staff of the OAG.
- Provide input as required to key sections of the corporate and operational plans.
- Provide input as required to ensure that IT services for the OAG are planned for, managed and supported.
- Install and configure desktop/laptop and peripherals for the office.
- Configuration and installation of network devices for the LAN/WAN.
- Deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Deploy, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions to end users as and when required.
- Provide required technical assistance to Procurement Management team for the procurement of IT goods and services.
- Provides daily/fortnightly work sheets on duties performed.
- Assists IT Team Leader in providing data/information needed for the Team’s Monthly Report.
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- All Information Technology services delivered within specified policies, procedures and service delivery standards.
- Ensure that assigned incidents are resolved within the agreed response time.
- Ensure that critical services infrastructure* within area of service are monitored and scheduled alternate day checks are carried out on assigned resources.
- Updates for Monthly report to be provided on the approved template on the last working day of every month to the Team Leader.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
A Diploma in IT/Computer Science with relevant work experience in IT support.
The Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 1 year hands on, practical experience in a multi user environment in application/software support.
- Sound knowledge of computer hardware and software maintenance and networking.
- Understanding of teams and how to work within a team to achieve results.
- Knowledge and experience in escalation of incidents to appropriate personnel support when resolution is beyond scope
- Facilitate incoming requests assigned via IT Helpdesk or from staff via both telephone and email and ensure courteous, timely fulfillment.
- Learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and solve complex information technology problems, and to provide assistance to a wide range of staff, in a resource constrained environment.
- Capacity to install, maintain and repair computer hardware and software to support the operations of a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight and immovable deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality, in a sensitive environment.
- Must be honest, reliable, and energetic and able to multi-task.
- Ability to discuss complicated technical information in simple terms.
- Be able to exercise effective judgment and adapt to changing needs and situations.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills to be able to liaise effectively with end users and head of department level officers.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- Be able to work effectively in a team or work independently with minimum supervision.